Composite fillings are tooth colored fillings that match your tooth color. By altering and blending the color, composites can be designed to blend seamlessly with nearly any type of tooth color combination imaginable. Composites can are excellent choices to combat cavities in your mouth. Consider the following benefits of tooth-colored composite fillings:
– For cavities that are often too small for dental amalgams to sufficiently fix, composites can be used effectively and safely.
– When a composite filling fails, it does not need to removed, but rather it can be repaired multiple times without the need to ever remove the original.
– Dental amalgams use mercury to bind the different metals together, but with composites, no mercury is needed, which can cause safety fears with individuals.
– Dental composites are much more resilient to tooth fractures than dental amalgams are.
– Oftentimes, tooth decay occurs near the margins of teeth, which can cause leaks with dental amalgams, but composites can cap edges much closer to the margins, thus making them more resistant to leaks.
If you are worried you may have a cavity or would like a professional cleaning to help prevent against cavities in the future, please contact our dental office in Nampa, Idaho, by calling 208-466-6161 . Dr. Joel R. Bingham and our team at Premier Dental Care are here to help enhance your smile for many years to come. Let our tooth-colored fillings lead the way for your confident smile!