Dental Implants in Nampa, ID
Regain Confidence with a New Smile
Dental implants are the healthiest, most attractive tooth-replacement option for anyone who’s missing teeth. These dental prosthetics restore the ability to eat, drink, and socialize without issue or embarrassment.
Dr. Joel Bingham is a skilled implant dentist with over 20 years of experience. If you’re interested in a fresh start for your smile, let our expert place your dental implants — you won’t get better results anywhere else!
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a dental prosthetic that we can use to fill any number of gaps in your smile. While there are numerous ways to restore missing teeth, the majority of restorations are cosmetically-focused. Dental implants look like natural teeth, but what sets them apart is that they function like natural teeth as well.
The Advantages of Dental Implants
No other dental restoration features the number of benefits that dental implants offer. Beyond stunning aesthetics, you could experience the following advantages:
- Reliability: Due to the material they’re made from, dental implants are immune to disease and decay, making it the longest-lasting restoration option. With proper care, your implants could last a lifetime.
- Zero Restrictions: Dental implants are a permanent solution which means that you can eat and drink all of your favorite foods without worrying about removing them. You’ll also clean them just like your natural teeth, so there’s no need for a special care routine.
- Improved Speech: Your teeth play an integral role in the clarity of your speech. Dental implants prevent slurring, whistling, or any other unwanted speech impediments. Better yet, they retore your natural speech pattern.
- Natural Feel & Function: We’ll collect impressions of your natural teeth to ensure that the implant harmonizes with the rest of your smile.
- Durability: We use the strength of your jawbone to secure dental implants, creating a stable bond that’s strong enough to support a dental bridge or denture.
Types of Dental Implant Solutions
At Premier Dental Care, we can use dental implants to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, and even an entire arch of teeth. Depending on the number of teeth, we offer three solutions.
- Single Tooth Replacement: A single tooth implant does not involve treating the teeth surrounding it. This stand-alone unit replaces the missing tooth’s root and is the ideal way to fill a gap in your smile.
- Implant-Supported Bridge: If you’re missing multiple teeth in a row, we can use dental implants to reinforce a dental bridge. In this case, the bridge replaces the lost teeth and the implants act like the tooth’s roots, securing the bridge in place.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: An implant-supported denture is ideal for any patient missing an entire arch of teeth. Unlike traditional dentures, implant-supported dentures will stay securely in place and you don’t need to remove them while eating or sleeping.
Advanced Dental Care in Nampa, ID
At Premier Dental Care, Dr. Bingham provides stunning smile restorations in a clean, comfortable environment. If you’re interested in dental implants or one of our other amazing services, please give us a call at (208) 466-6161. Alternatively, you can fill out a contact form and a member of our staff will reach out to schedule your appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental implants last?
In most cases, dental implants will last for at least 25 years before they need to be replaced. If you practice excellent oral hygiene and visit your dentist for regular checkups, your implants may never need to be replaced.
How do I take care of my dental implants after the procedure?
During the first week after surgery, it’s crucial to follow Dr. Bingham’s post-op instructions. These will include limiting your diet to soft foods, avoiding drinking alcohol or smoking, and rinsing your mouth with warm salt water after meals.
Once your implant has healed, you can care for it just like a natural tooth with daily brushing and flossing. Dr. Bingham recommends using a soft-bristled toothbrush and nylon floss, while also avoiding brands of toothpaste that contain abrasive ingredients.
Are dental implants safe?
Dental implants have an overall success rate of 98%. As long as your surgery is performed by an experienced and qualified dentist like Dr. Bingham, there’s no reason to worry. In fact, implants are the only tooth replacement that prevents your jawbone from shrinking, making them the safest option long-term.
Will insurance cover my dental implants procedure?
Most insurance providers designate dental implants as a cosmetic treatment and don’t cover them as a result. However, your insurance may pay for a portion of your total treatment cost, depending on the terms set by your provider. If you have any questions about your insurance coverage, we’ll be happy to help you maximize your benefits.