Dental Implants in Nampa, ID
Restore Health and Beauty to Your Smile
Dental implants are the only permanent, natural-looking replacement for missing teeth. These titanium fixtures are integrated directly into your jawbone, restoring missing teeth from root to crown for unmatched strength and stability. Best of all, dental implants can last up to a lifetime if you maintain excellent oral hygiene.
Explore our guide to learn more about dental implants so you can decide if they’re the right tooth replacement for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants provide several unique benefits that other restorative treatments can’t match, including:
- Looks and functions like a natural tooth
- Secured to your jaw and never removed
- Resistant to decay
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Stimulates jawbone growth to prevent deterioration
- Can last up to a lifetime with proper care
Our Dental Implant Process
Restoring your smile with dental implants is a three-step process that’s typically completed over the course of several months. Our treatment process consists of:
- Initial Consultation — The first step of your dental implant procedure is visiting Dr. Bingham at our Nampa office for a consultation. During this visit, he’ll examine your teeth, gums, and jawbone to determine if dental implants are the ideal solution for you. He’ll also answer any questions you have about the implant process.
- Implant Placement — Once he’s signed off that you’re ready, Dr. Bingham will place your dental implant or implants directly into your jaw and protect the surgical area to begin the healing process. In most cases, it takes three to six months for your jaw to completely heal and fuse with the implants. This process is called osseointegration.
- Final Restoration — After your mouth has fully recovered, you’ll return to our office so Dr. Bingham can attach your customized restoration. Depending on your needs, this may be a porcelain crown, a fixed dental bridge, or full-arch dentures.
Are You a Candidate For Dental Implants?
If you want a restoration that allows you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence, dental implants could be right for you. Unlike other tooth replacements such as dentures, implants are fixed in place and won’t fall out or slide around. They can be cared for just like natural teeth with daily brushing and flossing, and they stimulate jawbone growth to maintain a youthful appearance.
An ideal candidate for dental implants will have a strong jawbone and healthy gums. But if you lack either of these things, don’t worry — Dr. Bingham can help you become a candidate with a supplemental procedure. If any supplemental treatments are deemed necessary, Dr. Bingham will factor them into your treatment plan and discuss them with you ahead of time.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental implants last?
In most cases, dental implants will last for at least 25 years before they need to be replaced. If you practice excellent oral hygiene and visit your dentist for regular checkups, your implants may never need to be replaced.
How do I take care of my dental implants after the procedure?
During the first week after surgery, it’s crucial to follow Dr. Bingham’s post-op instructions. These will include limiting your diet to soft foods, avoiding drinking alcohol or smoking, and rinsing your mouth with warm salt water after meals.
Once your implant has healed, you can care for it just like a natural tooth with daily brushing and flossing. Dr. Bingham recommends using a soft-bristled toothbrush and nylon floss, while also avoiding brands of toothpaste that contain abrasive ingredients.
Are dental implants safe?
Dental implants have an overall success rate of 98%. As long as your surgery is performed by an experienced and qualified dentist like Dr. Bingham, there’s no reason to worry. In fact, implants are the only tooth replacement that prevents your jawbone from shrinking, making them the safest option long-term.
Will insurance cover my dental implant procedure?
Most insurance providers designate dental implants as a cosmetic treatment and don’t cover them as a result. However, your insurance may pay for a portion of your total treatment cost, depending on the terms set by your provider. If you have any questions about your insurance coverage, we’ll be happy to help you maximize your benefits.
Visit Premier Dental Care For Dental Implants
If you want a tooth replacement that allows you to live without restrictions, look no further than dental implants. These natural-looking restorations can transform your smile while also protecting your long-term oral health.
Call our Nampa, ID dental practice at 208-466-6161 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bingham. It’s the first step on your journey to a new smile!